Pause and resume Windows Update in your Operating system so that it doesn’t keep on eating your bandwidth every time you connect online.
How do you pause and resume Windows Update is one of the most asked questions about Windows OS. Windows by default automatically update our OS which is actually a great idea due to security reasons, but sometimes we run on limited internet connections and the last thing we want is for Windows Update to share the limited bandwidth with us.
This is also not a good idea for those of us who are using limited internet plans as the updating will use up the data. And sometimes you want to postpone the update or need to download it under certain wifi connection, but you might not know the method to do so.
So, to sort that out here you will find How-to Pause and Resume Windows Update in Windows 10.
How to Pause and Resume a Windows Update Download in Windows 10.
The method is easy, you just need to execute some commands in your Windows 10 OS and you will be done.
Steps to Pause and Resume a Windows Update Download in Windows 10:
- In your Windows 10 OS, press the keyboard buttons Win + X, and there select the Command prompt option that will open in the admin access.
- Now firstly to stop the Windows update services, you need to execute the below command:
net stop wuauserv
- Now the next step will be to stop the Background Intelligent Transfer service and for that execute the below command:
net stop bits
- Now the last thing you need to stop is Delivery Optimization and for that execute the below command:
net stop dosvc
- Now above were the commands to stop updates services and whenever you want to resume all these services then you can execute the below commands one by one:
net start wuauserv
net start bits
net start dosvc.
- That’s it, you are done. So, now your windows, updates services can be resumed and paused easily.
So above discussion was all about Pause and Resume a Windows Update Download in Windows 10. Use this guide and you can easily have full control over the downloads of Windows updates to pause and resume them according to your wish.
Hope the tutorial works for you, keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.